Thursday, September 6, 2012

Contacts Vs Glasses!!!

When My Son Had His Lenses Removed, He Immediately Began Wearing Contacts.... They Worked Fine For A While, ( If You Don't Include The Fact That His Right Eye Is To Small For The Contact To Fit Properly).( And Because Of That Fact The Left Eye Became A Little Stronger, And Elias Has To Wear A Patch On That Eye, In Order To Strengthen The Right..)
The Contacts Can Stay In For Up To 3 Weeks With Out Being Taken Out To Be Cleaned, So That's Nice! However, They Can Easily Be Popped Out, When Elias Rubs His Eyes.. Which Is Terrifying! Have You Ever Had To Find A Contacts Lens? Not So Easy!!! Especially When You Realize You Crawling Baby Could Have Rubbed It Out ANYWHERE!!! And You Have No Idea Where To Start!!! 
However Despite All The Scares, They Really Do Come In Handy, They Provide My Son With Great Peripheral Vision! And They Allow Him To See Without Any Barriers! Not To Mention, When He's Wearing Them,  He Looks Like Your Average Baby.. No One Stops Us At The Store, Or At The Park.. No One Pointing Their Stubby Fingers At Him... So I Guess You Could Say They Have Their Pros And Cons!

We Introduced Glasses When He Was About 4 Months Old.. At First They Were Only For When We Were Cleaning His Contacts... However, I Started Feeling Like They Were Helping Him  Little More Then The Contacts, For The Sole Reason That Regardless How Small His Eyes Are, The Glasses Fit! No Sliding Around, And Having TO Be Adjusted Every 5 Minutes... I Was Relieved That I Didn't Have To Poke At His Face All The Time! 

Because There Has Never Been A Study On Contacts Vs Glasses, I Don't Want To Stick To Just One.. I Really Want My Son To Grow Up With The Best Vision Possible! So Until They Can Tell Which Me Which Choice Is The Better Choice, We Switch, Back And Forth... Glasses For A Few Weeks, And Then Contacts... It Seems To Be Working Pretty Good!
Elias Is Growing, Developing, And Hitting All Of His Milestones Before The Average Baby, With No Eye Issues!!! So I Couldn't Be Happier! 

I'd Say That When It Comes Down To Which Option Is Best.. It Completely Depends On Your Child, And His/Her Specific Needs/Situation!

2 comments:

  1. I've only ever seen pictures of Eli wearing his glasses. So fun to see these side by side pictures. I totally agree with you though, he was born to wear glasses! He looks absolutely ADORABLE!! He's like the Miraflex poster child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! Thank You! I Wish Mira-Flex Felt The Same Way You Do!

      Delete