Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wouldnt Have Him Any Other Way!

When You Have A Child In Glasses, It's Quite Common To Get Stares, Glares, Comments And Questions.. Most Of Which Are Completely Harmless, I Have No Problems With Answering Peoples Questions! I'd Rather Help Them To Understand, Than Leave Them To Come To They're Own Conclusions, And Raising Awareness Is Important..
However Sometimes, You Get That One Person That Knows No Bounds.. You Know The Ones Filled With To Much Ignorance For They're Own Good?   
So Far I've Had  Miss, " Tell Me Those Aren't Real! "    
Old Lady " Wow! Those Make His Eyes Look Huge! That's Gotta Be Hard For You... "
And Of Course Miss Crosses The Line With Her " So, Can He See As Good As A Normal Baby? "
And Lets Not Forget The Countless Times I Have Wanted To Yell " He's Not Blind!!! He CAN See You! So Put Your Dang Fingers Down! "  As They Bluntly Point And Stare At My Son...

I Mean, Do People Even Think Before They Speak? They Never Consider How They're One Crude Comment Or Action ( Unintentional Or Not ) Can Affect You.... 
I Totally Understand Their Curiosity, Who Wouldn't Be Curious! But I Don't Understand How Some People Can Be So Uncensored...

I'm Sure That As he Gets Older, The Stares, Glares, Comment And Questions Will Die Down, It's Not As Rare To See A 4 Year Old In Glasses! And Until Then, I'm Just Going To Have To Continue Practicing Patience!

I Love My Son! I Love His Glasses, And I Wouldn't Have Him Any Other Way!


No comments:

Post a Comment